From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:20:30
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 20:43, Brad House wrote:
> Commenting inline below. > > >> Bugs: > >> - Calculation of module dependencies fails at bootup > > > > Anybody have a log? > > reason for this is that /lib/modules/${KV} is off a read-only > filesystem.
Right, as I suggested in my mail to beejay.
> It should not need to depmod that directory off > a livecd, as we won't have removed modules, etc. An alternative > approach would be to mount /lib/modules/${KV} on a tmpfs, > make sure the sub directories are symlinks to the read-only > fs, and copy the files like modules.pcimap to the tmpfs > so they are writable... > > The first approach of just skipping the depmod if booting off > a livecd is the better approach. Also, this failure really > doesn't mean anything or do anything harmful, which is one > reason I didn't fix it in my baselayout. >
Easiest will be with a check to CDBOOT.
Same - I use the defaults 8)
Ok, I changed things a bit, so might have expected I guess. I do however have an issue with the naming. Some time ago it was decided that it should be /mnt/livecd. Now it changed again. Can we decide on something now? If so, fix is easy.
Sound good. -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa