From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Using cdrkit instead of cdrtools
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 03:07:38
On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 01:08 +0100, Lars Weiler wrote:
> Hi, > > you might have followed the discussion about cdrtools' > license change back in last summer. In order to avoid any > conflicts I suggest we should switch to app-cdr/cdrkit, the > GPLed version of CD/DVD recording tools. > > cdrkit is fully compatible to cdrtools and provides > virtual/cdrtools. Every application with CD/DVD writing > capabilities has been tested and some are patched now. Most > arches already contain a stabled 1.0 version of cdrkit. My > tests with ppc32-release-building and using cdrkit were > successful. > > So I ask to switch to cdrkit, if there are no objections?
What is involved? Switching the virtual? If so, you should really be asking on gentoo-dev, instead. I know that we don't explicitly ask for cdrtools during release-building, but catalyst does specifically ask for cdrkit. Are you wanting to get catalyst changed, too? -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation