From: Matthew <jackdachef@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2008.0 livecd release feature-request
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:30:30
1 On Feb 1, 2008 11:10 AM, Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
2 > ÷ ðÔÎ, 01/02/2008 × 10:12 +0100, Matthew ÐÉÛÅÔ:
3 > > I don't know if it's even possible but: can the next livecd release
4 > > please include reiser4-support?
5 >
6 > Please, search before post. This was already discussed here.
7 >
8 > --
9 > Peter.
12 you mean this:
13 http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache:431L4rNtsKkJ:archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-releng/msg_03856.xml+site:archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-releng/+reiser4&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1
14 >Exactly. That was my entire point. If they're taking the time and
15 >energy to build the stage themselves, perhaps they would understand some
16 >of the issues and would be better educated.
17
18 >Consider it a very high barrier of entry on the ability to be able to do
19 >something extremely dumb with your system.
20
21 >We don't put reiser4 tools on our CD, either. Why should we put stage1
22 >on there? Personally, I believe a stage1 to be much more dangerous and
23 >time-wasting for us developers and our users than reiser4.
24
25 that was the only hit I found for reiser4, (I apologize if there are
26 more, I'm all new to this mailing list thingy ;) )
27 there isn't even an explanation why not
28 times (and reiser4' maturiy) have changed
29
30 care to explain?
31 many thanks in advance
32