From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] amd64 2004.3 LiveCD Building
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 03:15:50
1 On Monday 13 September 2004 5:09 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > That sounds great! I've already started work on 2004.3 for x86 and will
3 > be publishing all of my changes shortly (once they've been thoroughly
4 > tested) for everyone to benefit. My main change has been the size used.
5 >
6 > Also, are you going to use just a single smp kernel (and emachines, if
7 > it is still required)?
8
9 Point me to your specs and such, once they are available. I'm going to try to
10 keep amd64 as close to what x86 uses this time around as possible.
11
12 And yes, I'm planning to use only a single smp kernel. I hope that emachines
13 won't need 2.6.3 anymore, but that remains to be seen. I think 2.6.8 has
14 fixed the glidepoint and keyboard problems they were having previously.
17 Jason Huebel
18 Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead
19 Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter
20
21 GPG Public Key:
22 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230
23
24 "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
25 Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)