From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 04:25:35
1 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >> Hello everyone,
4 >>
5 >> Release Engineering is in the planning stages for 2008.0, so we're
6 >> asking for input from the community on things that they'd like to see
7 >> added/changed/removed from our release media. All requests should be
8 >> something Release Engineering actually can accomplish, like profile
9 >> changes, or changes to the stages or ISO images. We are interested in
10 >> all ideas, though we may only choose a few, as time and mirror space are
11 >> definite considerations.
12 >>
13 >> So, if you'd like to see something changed in Gentoo's releases, come on
14 >> over to the gentoo-releng mailing list and join in the fun!
15 >
16 > Well ... it's been a while since I saw an update to the *installer*, but
17
18 Uhh, the installer is updated when there's a new release. We had a new version
19 of the installer ready for the failed 2007.1 release, but it will end up on 2008.0.
20
21 > aside from that I don't have any "feature requests". For the benefit of
22 > folks with slower hardware, you might want to think about installing the
23 > binaries of Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird and Evolution on a
24 > networkless install from the CD.
25
26 All of these packages (except maybe Evolution) are available on the LiveCD for
27 installation as part of a networkless install with the installer. The LiveDVD
28 should have Evolution as well. The installer won't install anything the user
29 doesn't ask for. If you want it, check the box on the Extra Packages screen.
32 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
33 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
34 --
35 gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list