From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] DVD Releases for 2007.0
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:58:04
On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 07:55 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote: > > > 2. Is there any information about what *Gentoo* users, to be > > distinguished from the overall Linux user base, do with their systems > > that would guide the packages into "themes", such as science, > > multimedia, network security, office, programming languages, web > > applications/servers, etc.? > > I just had a thought ... one could, if one were so inclined, extract > some meaningful information about this by data mining the Bugzilla > database. People don't report bugs on stuff they don't use. :)
We don't have this sort of access to the database, nor the time to do it. This is why we're asking now. We have enough trouble getting things done due to our limited infrastructure staff. Asking them to turn into data miners is probably a bit much. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation