From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Adding pptpclient as sourcecode or GRP to LiveCDs
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:29:17
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:04:48AM -0500, Bob Johnson wrote:
> Doesnt pptpclient being useable on the livecd resolve this?
Not if the user wants to do a GRP installation. I know it sounds weird, but I've had a user doing a GRP installation, only noticing afterwards that he needs pptpclient to go on the Internet. Of course it is resolveable by rebooting with the LiveCD, getting the connection working, chrooting and emerging it after an "emerge sync", but my userfriendly side forces me to ask to include it :) Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- FOSDEM 2004 Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting 21 - 22 februari Brussels, Belgium http://www.fosdem.org http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR swift@g.o