From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] parallel bzip2
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:46:36
1 On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 11:15, John Davis wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 18:42 +0200, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > http://compression.ca/pbzip2/
6 > >
7 > > This could probably speed up release engineering on SMP machines.
8 > > Provides near linear speedup:
9 > > Twice as fast to bzip2 compress or decompress a file on my dual cpu
10 > > machines.
11 > >
12 > > Pieter
15 > > --
16 > > gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list
19 > I'll add the support into Catalyst as soon as the package is in Portage.
20 > Unfortunately though, I do not have the time to maintain this package.
21
22 If nobody else steps up to the plate, I'll add it to portage and make it
23 owned by the livecd herd, with me as maintainer.
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
28 Games - Developer
29 Gentoo Linux
30
31 Is your power animal a penguin?