From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Fwd: [gentoo-amd64] 2004.3 Testing
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:50:25
1 On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 13:10, Jason Huebel wrote:
2 > Forgot to forward this to a couple o femail aliases... Just wanted to let you
3 > guys know that I've started 2004.3 testing for amd64.
4
5 So at what point do I need to start publishing my changes to the spec
6 files that I have been working on? I have been getting very in-depth
7 with the removal of files/packages to make sure size is quite small.
8 I've also been removing a few packages that were non-essential and have
9 been working on new kernel config files to resolve some of the bugs I've
10 seen with 2004.2 that I've been made aware of. I also have a couple
11 genkernel things that need to be resolved, or else it could change a few
12 things with the livecd to need to work around them.
13
14 Should we open up a spot in CVS for me to start working from? :]
15
16 Also, what is the status of any catalyst changes? Are we going to be
17 using 1.0.9 for 2004.3 or...?
18
19 > ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
20 >
21 > Subject: [gentoo-amd64] 2004.3 Testing
22 > Date: Monday 20 September 2004 12:08 pm
23 > From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
24 > To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
25 >
26 > Gentoo/amd64 2004.3 Testing has started. I have created some initial stage
27 > tarballs based on gcc 3.4.1 which everyone is welcome to try out. They
28 > should also work fine with the 2004.2 LiveCD, so feel free to use them for
29 > 2004.2 installation as well.
30 >
31 > Anyway, you can find the 2004.3 testing files in my devspace:
32 >
33 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~jhuebel/2004.3-testing/
34 >
35 > As new stages and liveCDs are built, they will show up there. If you have
36 > any questions about the files at that URL, please direct your questions to
37 > the #gentoo-amd64 channel on irc.freenode.net. For now, I'm not accepting
38 > bug reports via email or through bugs.gentoo.org. Only through IRC...
39 >
40 > DO NOT SUBMIT BUG REPORTS FOR 2004.3 TO BUGS.GENTOO.ORG. I will close them
41 > immediately with "LATER".
42 >
43 > --
44 > Jason Huebel
45 > Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead
46 > Gentoo Developer Relations/Recruiter
47 >
48 > GPG Public Key:
49 > http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230
50 >
51 > "Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
52 > Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)
53 >
55 --
56 Chris Gianelloni
57 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
58 Games - Developer
59 Gentoo Linux
60
61 Is your power animal a penguin?