From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: ppc@g.o, Johan Cloetens <johanc@×××.com>, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] PPC64/G5 preliminary release
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:53:42
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm proud to announce the availability of both a 64-bit PPC
4 mini-install and install livecd. I am currently in the process of
5 performing some cosmetic touchups (after a long 'getting livecds to
6 work on ppc64' work session). The cds will be available for download on
7 my dev.gentoo.org webspace later today. These cds can be used to
8 install a -full- 64bit gentoo/ppc (but 32bit compatible) gentoo linux
9 environment.
10 I'll follow up with more news from ppc64 later this week. I would also
11 like to point out that optimized 32bit G5 stages are available for
12 testing on my homepage and that corresponding GRP sets will be uploaded
13 probably on monday.
14 I'll also follow up with news about a kde/gnome cd next week.
15
16 Best regards,
17
18 Pieter Van den Abeele