From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] DMA support on Acer Travelmate 4150
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:48:13
1 Great! File a bug report and we'll look into it.
2
3 On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 11:13 +0100, Frank Lester wrote:
4 > I have been for some time with Gentoo, but recently I bought an old
5 > Acer Travelmate 4150. The exactly problem is explained here:
6 >
7 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-356400-highlight-travelmate
8 > +4150.html
9 >
10 > It seems to exist a solution, and I was hoping that with 2007.0 the
11 > problem was solved, but it wasn't. So, looking at the explained
12 > solution, just a copuple of lines added, I would like to have this
13 > implemented in 2008.0. Now, it is almost impossible to install Gentoo
14 > on my Acer, it is so slowly that it can desesperate yourself.
15 >
16 > I have tried Ubuntu 7.10 and the problem was solved with them. With
17 > Ubuntu 7.10 DMA is active. From Gentoo there is no way to activate DMA
18 > without the patch.
19 >
20 > Thanks!
21 --