From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86 and ppc stages built
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:16:52
1 On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:09:21 -0700
2 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Then can we keep all the comments, etc in "make.conf.example" and keep
5 > make.conf as it is now with catalyst?
6 >
7 > We make.conf.example is made the new "exhaustive comment" version, then
8 > this solves the clutter problem and complex catalyst issues and also
9 > keeps the settings close enough to be useful. For example, the user
10 > could cp /etc/make.conf.example /etc/make.conf if he wants, or cut and
11 > paste from one to the other.
12
13 That sounds better to me as well. That way it also accomidates the users
14 who can't/won't/aren't online when they update packages (think modem users
15 who fetch all packages to build, and then build).
18 Jason Wever
19 Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead