From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] embedded stage3 for livecds
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:23:29

Hi all -
I am mulling over an idea to keep the size of livecds down to a minimum.
~ Right now gentoo-embedded is working on uclibc integration for embedded
systems. The benefit of using uclibc (and some of their other packages)
is radically reduced stage/installation size. The docs for uclibc say
that it is fully functional with glibc binaries (may require a
recompile) - would this be something that we would be interested in
looking into? I would need to talk to the embedded peeps and make up
some stages (stage3 specifically for livecds), but I think that it may
be doable.

Cheers,
//zhen
- --
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer
<http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>

- ----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.