From: Frank Lester <asertivos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] DMA support on Acer Travelmate 4150
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:13:24
1 I have been for some time with Gentoo, but recently I bought an old Acer
2 Travelmate 4150. The exactly problem is explained here:
3
4 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-356400-highlight-travelmate+4150.html
5
6 It seems to exist a solution, and I was hoping that with 2007.0 the problem
7 was solved, but it wasn't. So, looking at the explained solution, just a
8 copuple of lines added, I would like to have this implemented in 2008.0.
9 Now, it is almost impossible to install Gentoo on my Acer, it is so slowly
10 that it can desesperate yourself.
11
12 I have tried Ubuntu 7.10 and the problem was solved with them. With Ubuntu
13 7.10 DMA is active. From Gentoo there is no way to activate DMA without the
14 patch.
15
16 Thanks!