From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo Releases <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] status of releng project
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 22:04:03
1 All,
2
3 I have noticed that this list and the gentoo-releng irc channel
4 have been dead for a very long time, and I remember seeing a post a
5 while back in which agaffney announced his retirement. Also there are
6 multiple bugs open on livecd-tools, and there has been no attempt to fix
7 them.
8
9 I offered to join the team a while back, but was told there was no time
10 to train me.
11
12 So, I am concerned about the releng project. What is it's status? Do
13 we have anyone who is in the project any longer?
14
15 What about the maintenance of their tools? I see from the live ebuilds
16 that they are maintained on git repositories that are not part of
17 gentoo's infrastructure, and, in the case of livecd-tools, there have
18 been no changes since December of last year.
19
20 Can someone respond to gentoo-releng and let us know the status of the
21 project?
22
23 Thanks much,
24