From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo Releases <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] status of releng project
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 22:04:03
All,

I have noticed that this list and the gentoo-releng irc channel
have been dead for a very long time, and I remember seeing a post a
while back in which agaffney announced his retirement.  Also there are
multiple bugs open on livecd-tools, and there has been no attempt to fix
them.

I offered to join the team a while back, but was told there was no time
to train me.

So, I am concerned about the releng project.  What is it's status?  Do
we have anyone who is in the project any longer?

What about the maintenance of their tools?  I see from the live ebuilds
that they are maintained on git repositories that are not part of
gentoo's infrastructure, and, in the case of livecd-tools, there have
been no changes since December of last year.

Can someone respond to gentoo-releng and let us know the status of the
project?

Thanks much,

William