From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] LiveCDs and DHCP
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:44:42
1 On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 05:22, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > The firewire network interface does not support DHCP, or at least, dhcpcd
3 > refuses to work on 1394 interfaces (check the system log). So what we are
4 > doing at the moment (in cases of firewire-enabled systems) is effectively nothing.
5
6 I understand this. I also think that since the interface can't be
7 auto-configured anyway, that we should blacklist it to keep the module
8 from loading. We can send a message to -doc informing them of this so
9 they can add a "if you use firewire networking" to the handbook.
10
11 > We should possibly do some ifconfig parsing and only run dhcpcd on ethernet
12 > style devices.
13
14 I think the documentation route is probably the cleanest.
15
16 Objections?
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Developer