From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] 2004.0 Reminders
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 04:23:46

Hi all:
Just some friendly reminders:

- -If you have not already, please get your kernel .configs for both 2.4
and 2.6 (if possible) to drobbins and brad_mssw *IMMEDIATELY*. We need
those .configs to make livecds.

- -A release note template + a beta release notes creation tool is in CVS
at gentoo/src/relnotes. Start to get those release notes in order.
Remember, you cannot release until releng has a finalized version of
your arch's release notes.

- -Test week starts the 7th. We are still on track to make 2004.0 by the
22nd, so start thinking about snapping the portage tree and getting your
testing started. Check the releng page for all essential parts that are
needed to constitute a release (portage snap, relnotes, stages, grp, etc).

- -Arch leads, please mail me a status report on how things are going.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers,
//zhen
- --
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer
<http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>

- ----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.