From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] bell at boot prompt
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:58:48
On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 21:15 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 08:42:06PM -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote: > > Do you even need to do anything at the boot prompt? The CD will boot > > automatically after a small delay. > > Yes. There are instances when a blind person might need to type > something at the boot prompt, say, to configure brltty if we eventually > put it on the livecd eventually, look at > http://www.mielke.cc/brltty/guidelines.html for an example of this. > > The current brltty will not be ready to go stable for this release, but > it is something I would like to have considered for future releases.
Cool. Please file a bug for that when you think that it's ready. As for the beep at the boot prompt, if you know of a way to do it with isolinux/boot.msg, I'd love to hear it and I'd add it. I've also considered switching to grub for amd64/x86's media, but I'll need to do a little more testing on that before we can do it. Do you have a link for what would need to be done with a grub config, exactly? -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Games Developer -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list