From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 03:02:31
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Chris Gianelloni wrote: >> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 16:38 -0800, Chris Gianelloni wrote: >>> In the case of Beta and Release, we'll also want to ask people for >>> specific information about their environment (hardware, software, etc.) >>> that will help us to troubleshoot the issues and focus more energy on >>> the worst problems. >> >> So nobody has *any* ideas, at all for this? >> >> It's been a week and there hasn't been a *single* response. >> >> This is everyone's chance to give their input on what we should have >> checked on the release media. If you do not speak up now, it isn't >> likely that it will get checked. > > I have a 4 GB Athlon64 X2, so I'm planning on testing on that. One thing > I might also test is building LiveCDs and LiveDVDs via Catalyst. > > By the way, I've got the 2.6.24 kernel and so far it's absolutely > flawless on my machine, including the latest "nvidia-drivers" ebuild.
You guys misunderstand. He's not asking for testers. He's asking for things to add to the standard list of questions that testers should provide answers to when filing a bug report for a beta release. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list