From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:00:54
Nelson Batalha wrote:
> > This sounds like a great idea. What about the minimal install CD > though? Last > > I checked the minimal install image wouldn't boot off a USB flash drive > > unless you were using the 2006.0 image. I know liveUSB isn't > "officially" > > supported but if someone got the free time to get the minimal images > to boot > > from USB flash, I know it would make a lot of people happy. > > > > --Dan Dexter > > > This means they will become supported. One however could release a tar > just for the liveusb but it just takes space in reps, and it's necessary > to have a script in both solutions so.. > > I haven't tried myself, someone knows what's different with these cd's?
The problem was the same with both the minimal and the LiveCD. In 2006.1, genkernel was using -t iso9660 to mount the "CD root". In 2007.0, vfat (or maybe it was the NLS stuff) was built as a module in the kernel and that module wasn't available in the initramfs. Neither of these should be the case for 2008.0. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list