From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Call for feature requests for 2008.0
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:00:54
1 Nelson Batalha wrote:
2 > > This sounds like a great idea. What about the minimal install CD
3 > though? Last
4 > > I checked the minimal install image wouldn't boot off a USB flash drive
5 > > unless you were using the 2006.0 image. I know liveUSB isn't
6 > "officially"
7 > > supported but if someone got the free time to get the minimal images
8 > to boot
9 > > from USB flash, I know it would make a lot of people happy.
10 > >
11 > > --Dan Dexter
14 > This means they will become supported. One however could release a tar
15 > just for the liveusb but it just takes space in reps, and it's necessary
16 > to have a script in both solutions so..
17 >
18 > I haven't tried myself, someone knows what's different with these cd's?
19
20 The problem was the same with both the minimal and the LiveCD. In 2006.1,
21 genkernel was using -t iso9660 to mount the "CD root". In 2007.0, vfat (or maybe
22 it was the NLS stuff) was built as a module in the kernel and that module wasn't
23 available in the initramfs. Neither of these should be the case for 2008.0.
26 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
27 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
28 --
29 gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list