From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>, gentoo-releng@l.g.o, ppc@g.o, alpha@g.o, arm@g.o, ia64@g.o, sparc@g.o, mips@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: binutils-2.14.90.0.7-r4
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:55:24
1 Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2
3 > Not sure, but I would like to get gcc-3.3.2-r5 or so in as well. Is
4 > this still possible ?
7 > Thanks,
8
9 I'm building mips stages with gcc-3.3.2-r4. -r5 will not merge on my
10 Indy, although other mips users (with roughly the same Indy specs I
11 have) have reported success with that version of gcc. It keeps getting
12 to a C++ source file in the final stages of gcc's bootstrap, and just
13 hangs the compile up. Doesn't hang the box, and no error messages or
14 zombified processes that I can find. Still doing research into the
15 cause, I'm beginning to think I have something funny going on with the
16 chroot environment.
17
18 As for sparc, we've been using the gcc33-sparc64-1.4 profile to test
19 gcc-3.3.x on sparc. Whether it is safe enough to declare stable, I'll
20 let Weeve make that call.
21
22 x86, I've had no problems really. Just we need to get the new etcat
23 version out because gcc-3.3.2-r5 scans for the @guard symbols, and older
24 etcat versions do not work with the newer 2.0.50 portage, causing the
25 ebuild to fail (this has been my experience on sparc64 actually, but I
26 would not be surprised for this to popup up elsewhere for those who
27 haven't upgraded gentoolkit yet (like me)).
30 --Kumba
33 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
34 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
35 elsewhere." --Elrond
39 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list