From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>, gentoo-releng@l.g.o, ppc@g.o, alpha@g.o, arm@g.o, ia64@g.o, sparc@g.o, mips@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: binutils-2.14.90.0.7-r4
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:55:24
Martin Schlemmer wrote:

> Not sure, but I would like to get gcc-3.3.2-r5 or so in as well. Is > this still possible ? > > > Thanks,
I'm building mips stages with gcc-3.3.2-r4. -r5 will not merge on my Indy, although other mips users (with roughly the same Indy specs I have) have reported success with that version of gcc. It keeps getting to a C++ source file in the final stages of gcc's bootstrap, and just hangs the compile up. Doesn't hang the box, and no error messages or zombified processes that I can find. Still doing research into the cause, I'm beginning to think I have something funny going on with the chroot environment. As for sparc, we've been using the gcc33-sparc64-1.4 profile to test gcc-3.3.x on sparc. Whether it is safe enough to declare stable, I'll let Weeve make that call. x86, I've had no problems really. Just we need to get the new etcat version out because gcc-3.3.2-r5 scans for the @guard symbols, and older etcat versions do not work with the newer 2.0.50 portage, causing the ebuild to fail (this has been my experience on sparc64 actually, but I would not be surprised for this to popup up elsewhere for those who haven't upgraded gentoolkit yet (like me)). --Kumba -- "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list