From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Fwd: Gentoo for PPC
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:39:13
1 Begin forwarded message:
2
3 > From: "Oleg Kostyuk" <cub@××××××××××××.com>
4 > Date: Sun 17 Oct 2004 14:12:20 CEST
5 > To: <pvdabeel@g.o>
6 > Subject: Gentoo for PPC
7 >
8 > Hello, Pieter!
12 > My name is Oleg, and I system administrator in NixSolutions LTD,
13 > Ukraine.
17 > I have old IBM RS/6000 box with PPC604a processor, and want to install
18 > Gentoo on it. I found link to your page at
19 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=1&chap=2.
20 >
21 > At first, I try to use ftp.stw-bonn.de – he even don’t have
22 > /pub/mirror/gentoo directory, and in /pub/mirror/gentoo-linux
23 > directory only portage mirror, without LiveCD... BitTorrent say’s “is
24 > currently down”... Then I try to use your site. Unfortunately, I can’t
25 > download any file from your site
26 > (http://www.metadistribution.org/gentoo/2004.2/) – for any file I get
27 > “permission denied” error. Additionally, I can’t found any LiveCD at
28 > http://www.metadistribution.org/gentoo/2004.3/, and also can’t
29 > download any file (with same error). L
33 > Please, tell me - can you solve this and help me with it? And which
34 > file suitable for me? I think,
35 > http://www.metadistribution.org/gentoo/2004.2/mini-install-universal
36 > -2004.2.iso, but not sure.
40 > Thx for your consideration and looking forward for hearing you,
41 >
42 > Oleg
46 > PS: sorry for my English, it’s not my native language J