From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:20:37
1 Attached is a patch based of yours that is tested and works fine.
2 This applies against your -r5 rc-scripts
3
4 I've also updated my -r4 ebuild to pull a fully patched version
5 that includes these patches.
6
7 The CD reboots just fine with root mounted on a loop device. Also,
8 I took care of quite a few other little errors (LVM/RAID).
9
10 A few deps you'll need for livecds now:
11 baselayout-1.8.6.12-r4 (as of this evening, or a patched version
12 that may be released later by Azarah)
13 livecd-tools-1.0.0_beta2 (autoconfig and net-setup scripts)
14 genkernel-3.0.1_beta7
15
16 Works well, though we seem to be getting an error when it tries to start
17 hotplug from within the autoconfig script about needing to run
18 /sbin/depscan.sh. I made it run /sbin/depscan during the livecd creation
19 to try to get rid of this error, but it did not seem to help, so I'm not
20 sure under what circumstances this can occur, but it does seem that
21 hotplug does start, and works properly, so I'm somewhat at a loss, other
22 than that, the livecd seems to be 100% in sync with the previous livecds
23 at this point.
24
25 (My testing was on AMD64 if anyone is curious)
26
27 -Brad

rc-scripts-livecd.patch application/octet-stream