From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
Cc: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for sparc livecd
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:10:04
1 On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 05:03, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Jason Wever wrote: [Sat Jan 17 2004, 01:40:14AM EST]
3 > > Would an acceptable fix for the consolefont and keymaps init scripts be to
4 > > use the checkconsole command and if the console is serial, just have it
5 > > skip all of the operations normally performed in that script?
6 >
7 > Where is the checkconsole command located? I don't find it on my
8 > system...
9 >
10 > I can't say that I thoroughly understand the issues around consolefonts
11 > and keymaps, but if we're making changes to accomodate serial consoles
12 > (very welcome for alpha and ia64) then I want to make sure we don't mess
13 > up the behavior when both serial and graphics consoles exist on the
14 > system.
17 Its 'consoletype' actually.
21 Martin Schlemmer
22 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
23 Cape Town, South Africa