From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:26:50
1 On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 23:38, Brad House wrote:
2 > >> This is not an issue if you use cdfs/loop type of zisofs or noloop
3 > >> as there is no loop device to be umounted.
4 > >>
5 > >
6 > > Ok, I changed things a bit, so might have expected I guess. I do
7 > > however have an issue with the naming. Some time ago it was decided
8 > > that it should be /mnt/livecd. Now it changed again. Can we decide
9 > > on something now? If so, fix is easy.
12 > Well, it's mounting to /mnt/loop right now. I had no idea there was
13 > a current naming convention (I did not have access to the prior 2.4
14 > kernel livecd scripts that did any sort of loop mounting). This would be
15 > an easy change to make to whatever you want it to be, as it's just a
16 > couple of lines in the genkernel linuxrc that need to be changed, just
17 > let me know, as I needed to roll another genkernel that had some
18 > fixes people posted in bugs.gentoo.org (along with some suggested
19 > doc changes),
20
21 I do not have an issue, but '/mnt/livecd' or similar will be more
22 generic between different approaches. I will leave it up to you
23 guys for final decision though.
24
25 > before I totally abandon that project (as previously
26 > discussed).
29 No need to be rash. If you still feel this way in a week, sure.
32 Cheers,
36 Martin Schlemmer
37 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
38 Cape Town, South Africa