From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] A stage* and distfile download script instead of links
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:14:33
1 Keith Larrimore wrote:
2 > It would be nice if there were a script built into the install cd that
3 > allowed one to download the stage archive and distfiles without having
4 > to use links to search the mirrors.
5
6 I'm going to have to say "no" to this one. Atleast, I don't think any member of
7 releng is going to take the time to write a script to do this. If you'd like to
8 contribute one, perhaps we'll consider it.
9
10 However, is it really that big of a hassle to go to the list of mirrors on the
11 gentoo.org site, hit enter on the first one, hit enter a few more times to
12 navigate the directory tree, and then download it?
15 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
16 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
17 --
18 gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list