From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: call for devs using SATA
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 04:10:40
1 On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 08:39, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > John Davis wrote:
3 > > Devs,
4 > > If any of you are using SATA on your system and are interested in
5 > > helping out with testing to make sure that SATA and Gentoo LiveCDs play
6 > > nice, please post to the gentoo-releng@g.o address at your
7 > > earliest convienence. SATA has been one of the weak points (along with
8 > > Dell servers support) on our LiveCDs and we need some lovin.
9 >
10 > I have SATA support on my motherboard, plus a converter unit so that I can
11 > plug a normal IDE drive into a SATA port. I've never used SATA before, but I'm
12 > in the position where I can possibly help testing.
13 >
14 > Daniel
15 >
16 > --
17 > gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list
18
19 Daniel -
20 The best thing that you could do is drop a CD in the drive and let us
21 know what happens. Did it work? Did it not work? What do we need to make
22 it work? Any or all of that would be greatly appreciated :) Please post
23 all bugs to bugs.gentoo.org.
24
25 Cheers (and much thanks),
26 //zhen
27 --
28 John Davis
29 Gentoo Linux Developer
30 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
31
32 ----
33 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
34 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47