From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: base-system@g.o, livewire@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for developers for livecds / catalyst
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:26:59
1 On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 21:47, Brad House wrote:
2 > I really hesitate to tell people to look at it because we do not want to
3 > fall into the very things were are wanting to avoid.
4
5 Right. You can look at livecd-ng to see what needs to get done, and then
6 we need to get those things done by fixing baselayout, creating any
7 needed ebuilds, etc. -- in other words, do all those old things we were
8 doing but do them in a clean, integrated maintainable way this time, via
9 catalyst.
10
11 This will require some work, but with vmware for testing it should be
12 pretty straightforward and not incredibly time consuming. Also, a large
13 percentage of the work will work across all arches.
14
15 Regards,
16
17 Daniel