From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.0 Reminders
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:28:39
1 On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:25:03 -0500
2 John Davis <zhen@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Hi all:
8 > Just some friendly reminders:
9 >
10 > - -If you have not already, please get your kernel .configs for both 2.4
11 > and 2.6 (if possible) to drobbins and brad_mssw *IMMEDIATELY*. We need
12 > those .configs to make livecds.
13
14 Will do as soon as brad_mssw and I get all the genkernel sparc stuff
15 hammered out.
16
17 > - -Arch leads, please mail me a status report on how things are going.
18
19 I cannot get a stage2 to build for me anymore on sparc64. Something keeps
20 messing with the path, which eventually causes groff's configure script to
21 fail by not finding g++. I haven't looked too in depth to it, but I'm not
22 in a chroot, and I've tried several different portage snapshots, including
23 the latest 2.0.49-r20 with python-2.2.3-r5 so all of it's modules can and
24 do get loaded. Also g++ does exist..
25
26 I haven't tried on sparc32 recently, but I will try again in the next day
27 or two.
30 Jason Wever
31 Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead