From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] LiveCDs and DHCP
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 01:00:37
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote: [Mon May 24 2004, 05:08:08PM EDT]
2 > Is there a reason why we're only starting DHCP on one ethX device? On
3 > many systems, the FireWire is getting detected before the NIC, which is
5 > set the system up to do DHCP on more than one interface. I *definitely*
6 > prefer the latter, as it is much more flexible.
7
8 If we do something like that, then we should stop attempting once one
9 device gets an address.
10
11 Regards,
12 Aron