From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:55:43
1 On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 18:29, Brad House wrote:
2 > >> Works well, though we seem to be getting an error when it tries to start
3 > >> hotplug from within the autoconfig script about needing to run
4 > >> /sbin/depscan.sh. I made it run /sbin/depscan during the livecd
5 > >> creation
6 > >> to try to get rid of this error, but it did not seem to help, so I'm not
7 > >> sure under what circumstances this can occur, but it does seem that
8 > >> hotplug does start, and works properly, so I'm somewhat at a loss, other
9 > >> than that, the livecd seems to be 100% in sync with the previous livecds
10 > >> at this point.
11 > >>
12 > >
13 > > What type of fs is / once booted ? Also, when abouts is the autoconfig
14 > > script run?
15 >
16 > / ends up on a tmpfs, with symlinks back to the read-only livecd stuff
17 > for the main directories, and /etc is also on a tmpfs so it's writable.
18 > Autoconfig I made have a dep on 'need modules', so it gets run sometime
19 > after the manually specified modules are loaded, but before local which
20 > is 'after *'. It seemed it started _right_ before local on my system
21 > though. (the autoconfig script I'm using is in this small tarball:
22 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~brad_mssw/livecd-tools-1.0.0_beta2.tar.bz2
23 > incase you wanted to look at how it calls hotplug)
27 Could you try to change it to:
28
29 env -i /etc/init.d/hotplug start
30
31 just in case its an env full or whatever issue?
34 Thanks,
38 Martin Schlemmer
39 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
40 Cape Town, South Africa