From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature requests for 2008.0 - Universal-CD
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:58:07
Markus Hauschild wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008 10:47 PM, Peter Weber <peterle@×××××××××××××.org> wrote: >>> The LiveDVD includes stages and a snapshot. >> Interesting and good, but the LiveDVD is, let us say the truth - >> overkill. >> >> A other good solution would be merging Universal and Minimal-CD >> togehter, so we offer only a smaller Universal-CD (about 200-400 MB) and >> a complete LiveCD (about 700 MB). > > I'd love a minimal + stage3 + portage-snapshot + stuff you really need > (kernel sources, grub, maybe a syslogger) > But I guess I'd have to make that one myself then (and then its not > worth the effort)
That doesn't even make sense. A universal CD is nothing but a minimal plus some stuff. You can't merge them together, unless you're talking about getting rid of the minimal all together, and then that's even dumber. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list