From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] So when is it really safe to take a snapshot to use for release?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:00:45
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:44:43 -0500
"John Davis" <zhen@g.o> wrote:

> Expect this to happen time to time with releases. Since we no longer > have a 'package freeze', issues like this will be encountered.
Actually we can have a "package freeze" since we can do the portage snapshots with catalyst. This also allows you do decide what versions of packages are part of a release without effecting the regular tree. It might also be nice to have a master snapshot for building releases with that incorporates any changes and updates needed, so that we are all on the same page when building. -- Jason Wever Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead