From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] X.org transition for 2004.1
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:20:14
1 On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 17:34, John Davis wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 11:26, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > I hope to have the transition from XFree86 to X.org as the default
4 > > virtual/x11 completed in time for 2004.1. This will require some changes
5 > > in the documentation and in the GRP builds, so be prepared.
6 > >
7 > When is "before 2004.1"? The arch release coordinators need some lead
8 > time, especially for GRP. Remember that it is strongly recommended that
9 > the arch release coordinators have their release components to releng by
10 > April 18 for final QA.
11
12 The upstream release is scheduled for Tuesday, March 30. If I give it
13 about two weeks in ~arch, it should hit stable with a few days to spare
14 before the April 18 deadline. Shortly after hitting stable, I'd like to
15 make it the default virtual/x11. There should be ample time for testing
16 the package when it's in ~arch.
17
18 Donnie
19 --