From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] catalyst livecd improvements
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:21:26
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I've just committed a batch of improvements to catalyst. They are not
4 tested yet (will try to run some tests now) but should work. (Let me
5 know if you have any problems.)
6
7 * The boot/kernel/foo/extraversion parameter is now optional rather
8 than required. modules/targets.py and
9 examples/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh
10 have been updated to work smoothly if it is not specified.
11
12 * New parameter /boot/kernel/foo/packages to specify packages to
13 merge after your kernel is built. Use this to merge any kernel-
14 dependent things like nvidia-kernel, e1000, etc.
15
16 * New parameter /boot/kernel/foo/use to specify USE settings to
17 export to the environment. These settings will be used for kernel
18 source merge and /boot/kernel/foo/packages merge.
19
20 * emerge of kernel sources no longer uses the pkgcache. There is
21 no real time benefit to pkgcache in this case, and this allows us
22 to use the /boot/kernel/foo/use setting to tweak what patches may
23 be included in the kernel sources we are compiling. Also, packages
24 specified in /boot/kernel/foo/packages are not built using
25 pkgcache, since they are kernel-dependent ebuilds and can't be
26 re-used if the kernel sources change.
27
28 * targets/livecd-stage2/* has been deprecated. These steps are all
29 included in the runscript now. Use the latest default-runscript.sh
30 to take advantage of this.
31
32 As always, let me know if you need any catalyst features implemented. As
33 people start using catalyst on their own, we sometimes don't realize
34 that certain features are needed, so we need your requests. (If catalyst
35 doesn't do what you need, it is likely
36 because we haven't added the feature yet rather than an issue of
37 catalyst not being able to do it.)
38
39 Regards,
40