From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:57:27
1 Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2 > On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 16:38 -0800, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >> In the case of Beta and Release, we'll also want to ask people for
4 >> specific information about their environment (hardware, software, etc.)
5 >> that will help us to troubleshoot the issues and focus more energy on
6 >> the worst problems.
7 >
8 > So nobody has *any* ideas, at all for this?
9
10 I'd say the list you've provided is already a really good one. We're
11 talking about a live media here, one that hopefully you won't be using
12 for a very long time (between 2 and 48 hours, I'd say).
13
14 So really, the live media needs basic support for basic hardware : disc
15 controllers and network devices. That's what the list should be focusing
16 on, and that's exactly what your list focuses on :)
17
18 Let's go with what you've come up with and we'll see if there are major
19 pitfalls along the way.
20
21 Cheers,
22