From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
Cc: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org>, base-system@g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for sparc livecd
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 06:40:18
1 On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:58:14 -0500
2 Jason Wever <weeve@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I don't believe you can do keymaps and consolefont on sparcs as a serial
5 > console uses the keymap of the program handling the remote end of
6 > the serial connection. Also it doesn't seem to have the the ability to
7 > handle fonts, though I have not extensively looked into it.
8
9 Would an acceptable fix for the consolefont and keymaps init scripts be to
10 use the checkconsole command and if the console is serial, just have it
11 skip all of the operations normally performed in that script?
14 Jason Wever
15 Gentoo/Sparc Co-Team Lead