From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org>
Cc: base-system@g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for sparc livecd
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:26:23
1 On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:33:15 +0200
2 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > What is the difference between the two inittab's ? For the other
5 > problem, as you said, just checking if it is a serial console or
6 > not in those script should do it - I am not familiar with serial
7 > console ... can/should we then set the serial console's font and
8 > keymap?
9
10 The only difference between the inittabs was that the lines for vc1
11 through vc6 were commented out.
12
13 I don't believe you can do keymaps and consolefont on sparcs as a serial
14 console uses the keymap of the program handling the remote end of
15 the serial connection. Also it doesn't seem to have the the ability to
16 handle fonts, though I have not extensively looked into it.
20 Jason Wever
21 Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead