From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] milestone script
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:49:00
On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 03:32, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
> another package is also masked and have to restart all over again. The > ppc scripts used to touch files when certain milestones are reached, on > relaunch of the program the fine-grained stages (!= current catalyst > stages) corresponding to the touched files are skipped.
I'll work on this. I've been wanting to create a generic tool (a script, at least at first) that can be used to record and check milestones, just to make the implementation cleaner. The implementation of this script is pretty trivial but it'd be nice to have a tool to keep things better-organized, so that ".completed" files aren't being created all over the place with no real organization. something like: ./milestone path/to/milestone/dir prep1 result: if prep1 has not been reached, return 1, otherwise 0 ./milestone -s path/to/milestone/dir prep1 result: record that milestone "prep1" has been reached ./milestone -C path/to/milestone/dir result: reset milestone records It's such a useful thing, that it'd be helpful to have a tiny little tool to handle it, and potentially provide additional interesting capabilties in the future. This tool could be used by portage and catalyst. Regards, Daniel -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list