From: John Alberts <john.m.alberts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: IRC Channel
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:42:48
I'm sorry.  It didn't seem to me that it was temporary with the last
comments before I got kicked this morning:

09:49 <@wolf31o2> OK... this channel is now closed... what that means
is if you're not in release engineering
                  or a member of another team that works directly with
release engineering, you're getting
                  the boot
09:49 <@wolf31o2> sorry, guys
09:49 <@wolf31o2> but being banned by IP on Freenode because of
something that I supposedly said doesn't give
                  me much incentive to leave my conversations in public
09:50 <+agaffney> I was about to suggest making it +i like #-infra

In any case, I'm glad it's not private. :)

John Alberts

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
> gionnico wrote: >> >> Tom Gall wrote: >>> >>> That's odd ... I'm still connected. >>> >>> But I entirely agree with your comment. releng's channel shouldn't be >>> private. >>> >>> Regards, >>> >>> Tom >>> >> >> If this is a voting, I agree it should be public - for example there's >> still a problem with 2008.0 media that prevents gentoo-x64 loading in >> certain machines (P35+Q6600?): we could have discussed it in there, also or >> I could listen. > > Please pay attention before spouting off at the mouth. It was only marked as > +is for about 10 minutes. The channel is now mine and I've removed the > restriction. Quit bitching about something that doesn't exist. > > -- > Andrew Gaffney > http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ > Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release > coordinator > >
-- John Alberts