From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Support to some PATA controllers in instalation cd
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:57:57
On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 22:10 -0300, Igor Cavalcante wrote:
> I saw the link of the forum indicated and realized that they had not > yet found a solution, so I enjoyed for help them posting a > response. ;) > > Well, for the Linux work properly with the motherboard intel dq35jo it > is essential that these following kernel configured. > > Bus options (PCI etc.). ---> > [*] PCI support > [] Support mmconfig PCI config space access (Off) > > > Device Drivers ---> > <*> Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers > <*> SATA AHCI support > <*> Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3, PIIX4 PATA / SATA support > <*> Marvell PATA support via legacy mode > > With these kernel configuration, I had no more problems with this > motherboard.
Can someone out there file a bug report against the release media (all flavors) and request for us to enable the "libata PATA support" in the kernel? We'll still default to the "old" PATA stuff, but with this, we should be able to get support for the missing chipsets, too. I'l definitely want feedback from those of you with newer boards when the beta is released so we know it's working. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Games Developer