From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Testing phase starts
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:54:07
1 Hi all -
2 The testing phase for 2004.1 has started. This gives us a week to find
3 and squash bugs in our release components. I recommend the following:
4
5 -Upload your release components to your devspace (or anywhere else that
6 is publically accessible) and mail -dev/ -core for testers
7
8 -Manually check each of your release components to make sure that they
9 are in accordance with the release guidelines QA Checklist:
10 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/docs/release_guidelines.xml>.
11
12 -Regression Testing!!!! A brief HOWTO can be found in the release
13 guidelines:
14 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/docs/release_guidelines.xml#doc_chap5>
15
16 I cannot stress the QA part. QA loves you, and you love QA, remember
17 that ;)
18
19 Remember that on the 18th (contact me if there are any problems) you
20 must have everything uploaded to your devspace for final QA from releng.
21 Once everything is uploaded, sit back, relax, and have a drink for
22 2004.1.
23
24 Thanks all for your hard work, and remember to write those release notes
25 ;)
26
27 Cheers,
28 //zhen
29 --
30 John Davis
31 Gentoo Linux Developer
32 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
33
34 ----
35 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
36 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47