From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, release@g.o
Cc: azarah@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] baselayout 1.8.6.13 broken for livecds
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:46:11
well, no one notified me of a 1.8.6.13 release to test before
it went stable yesterday.  Anyhow, thought you all should be
aware that it doesn't work.  A preliminary look at the ebuild
itself shows these lines:

        dosbin runscript.sh functions.sh
        use livecd && livecd-functions.sh
        exeinto /lib/rcscripts/sh

I am at a loss somewhat as to what it's trying to do, I assume
it's supposed to be

        use livecd && dosbin livecd-functions.sh

instead. As /sbin/livecd-functions.sh was not on the resulting
livecd.

Anyhow, I don't think I have any more time today to do testing
on this, so I have no idea if the rc-scripts that gets installed
works or not.  I know beejay said the patches against 1.8.6.12-r5
that were provided to him by Azarah did NOT work, so if this includes
those same patches, I assume there is going to be even more work.
Anyhow, I'm not touching baselayout again, as I've already taken
enough heat off of it.

I am going to still recommend that those people who need to build
livecds make use of baselayout-1.8.6.12-r4 that I had committed,
as it is the only one I know of that has been tested and verified
to work.

-Brad