From: Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: brad_mssw@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Livecd building with catalyst
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:59:43
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:48:29 -0500 (EST)
"Brad House" <brad_mssw@g.o> wrote:

> no, no livecd support yet in catalyst. We just had a fairly > major meeting last night on livecd/catalyst support, and work > has just began on that portion of catalyst. If you want to be > a really big help, you can test out the new rewrite of genkernel.
Ok I'll try when I'll have some time.
> It's not yet 100% complete, but definately usable. Also, if you > could submit your arch-specific configs to the tree that would > be great, as of right now, it only has x86 and x86_64 configs.
I guess you speak about kernel configs here. I never used genkernel but if it use the livecd config for generating ppl's kernel, ppl will really have ugly kernels :)
> There's a brief README which should tell you how to do it. > GenKernel will be used internally in catalyst in order to build > the kernel and initrd image(s).
I didn't read the readme yet but please if you create a livecd script, split it in many function/subfunction which we could reimplement somewhere in a arch specific file. And keep the opportunity to have simple loop or cloop file for livecd. hppa 64bit kernel can't use gcloop yet due to compiler problems. Ah yes, I just commited hppa specific files/changes to catalyst for stage building. I copied hppa.py from ia64.py but it seems that ia64.py is b0rked at line 18 : class arch_ia64(build.generic): should be builder.generic I think.