From: Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] python-2.3.3 for 2004.1
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:07:45

Hi All,

I've been working on getting Python-2.3.3 ready for stage building and
inclusion into 2004.1. I've been working with Beejay for some time to
get stages built, but for some reason, he's having trouble building
python for stage3 (works for stage1 and stage2.)

However, I've been able to build stages using catalyst for stage1,
stage2 and stage3 with Python-2.3.3 stable (thus replacing
python-2.2.3-r5). This is the only thing that is holding us back from
pushing Python-2.3.3 to stable. The said stages are here:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~liquidx/stages/

So if it is possible, can the x86 stagers see if Python-2.3.3 is good
to go for 2004.1?

Thanks,
- --
Alastair 'liquidx' Tse