From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: tantive@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Meeting summary
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:36:03

Hi all:
A summary of the topics discussed as the meeting is as follows (also see
the attached meeting log):

1. All livecd scripts are to be integrated into catalyst. *Please check
your code into cvs (gentoo/src) ASAP so that we can audit it and get to
work on adding it into catalyst*. As soon as all code is in CVS, we will
start on creating a unified livecd script. Livewire and pvdabeel, you
will be in charge of this initiative.

2. genkernel and catalyst are going to be integrated into one tool.
brad_mssw, please check your code into CVS so that we can start the same
process on it as we are going to do on livecds. You had mentioned
testing your genkernel code before integration. Make it so - please get
a hold of the arch leads ASAP and get your code to them.

If you have any questions on how to integrate your code into catalyst,
please contact either drobbins or myself.

What I would like to see with catalyst soon:
- -Roadmap - we need to know the future of catalyst. Daniel - perhaps we
can sit down and hash this out?

Release ETAs:
- -DEC 31 IS THE FINAL DUE DATE. After this date, catalyst will be frozen,
whether or not your code is ready. When 2004.0 is released, it will be
built with catalyst (livecds and stages) as voted upon by the managers,
and we *need* to release a stable version of catalyst (in portage) along
with 2004.0. 2004.0 will not release until we do so.

- -I would like to see all livecd and genkernel code in CVS by Friday,
December 12th. The sooner we get it in, the sooner we can start coding
it into catalyst.

I will follow up with more mail as more subjects arise. Thanks for your
patience and hard work :)

Cheers,
//zhen
- --
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer
<http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>

- ----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.

gentoo-releng-20031208 text/plain