From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: azarah@g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o, drobbins@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 04:23:40
Ok, these are the necessary changes I've made to baselayout
for livecds.  I've seperated the necessary scripts into a
/sbin/livecd-functions.sh to keep bloat out of functions.sh and
rc.  To summarize the changes, it reads  'cdroot' and 'console' off
the commandline, and it exports $CDBOOT if cdroot is set, and
spawns the proper getty (by rewriting inittab) as specified by
the console command line passed to the kernel (if none is passed,
default ttys are used, and uses auto-login).

2 patches here.
- 1 to baselayout's ebuild to make sure /sbin/livecd-functions.sh
is installed.
- 1 to rc-scripts to add livecd functionality.

TODO (in baselayout):
- autogen random password on boot, for security
- fix misc bootsplash stuff (not livecd related)

PS: these fixes are very non-intrusive, please apply asap.

-Brad

baselayout-livecd.patch application/octet-stream
baselayout-rc-scripts-livecd.patch application/octet-stream