From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] catalyst livecd instructions
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:55:00
Ok, what drobbins has done looks pretty good.  Now I'm
in the process of tweaking genkernel's initrd to actually
work on livecds.  I should be done at some point today, and
when I am, I will post  genkernel-3.0.1_beta4. It's not
pretty what it currently does :/

The current problem is the initrd wasn't meant to work with
loopback filesystems as the root fs.  I'm in the process
of making it symlink of the loopfs, into a tmpfs so that we
have a nice rw filesystem (so you can  wget  stages, etc).

I'll let you all know.  Aches may want to start testing up
to stage2, but hold off on stage3 until I'm done with this
as I may change the kernel boot params here soon, and I don't
want anyone to get too confused :)

-Brad