From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Call for feature request for 2008.0
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:32:15
1 Matthew a écrit :
2 > On Feb 1, 2008 10:14 AM, Nikoliæ Milan <gen2brain@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> And what do you say about midnight commander on minimal cd, ok, live cd has
4 >> gui file managers, I never use it anyway but what about minimal? I use
5 >> systemrescuecd only because of this....
8 > mc would be really nice, another app users use pretty often is net-irc/irssi ,
9 > I'm however missing support for ntfs3g, sys-process/htop is a must for
10 > management of tasks
11 > some pc magazines are proclaiming the gentoo livecd as a recue-media
12 > so inclusion for
13 > cryptsetup, dosfstools, testdisk/photorec, sdparm, smartmontools,
14 > hddtemp would also be great
15
16 Guys, have you forgotten you were talking about the "minimal" live cd?
17 Which is exactly what its name says it is : minimal. Only the critical
18 stuff needed to install Gentoo.
19
20 If you want more stuff, there's always the regular live cd, which is
21 also there for exactly this reason :)
22
23 Cheers,
24
25 Rémi