From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] distcc enabled catalyst commited[Message Scanned]
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:22:12
Hi all -
I just commited some changes to catalyst that enable distcc support. Its
  easy and fun to use - here's how:

1. add "distcc" to options in /etc/catalyst.conf
2. add "distcc_hosts: host1 host2" to your spec file

Once you do that, fire up catalyst, and you are good to go.

Also, I fixed the bug where CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" was being set to
CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS" in make.conf.

As for the /dev node creation bug, I think that it is because baselayout
does not get remerged in stages 2 and 3, therefore not creating the
device nodes at emerge time. Of course, this is a preliminary idea, so
please offer any more ideas.

Cheers,
//zhen
--
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer

----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.